CSS3 is the technology behind most of the eye-catching visuals on the Web today, but the official documentation can be dry and hard to follow and browser implementations are scattershot at best.
The Book of CSS3 distills the dense technical language of the CSS3 specification into plain English and shows you what CSS3 can do right now, in all major browsers. With real-world examples and a focus on the principles of good design, it extends your CSS skills, helping you transform ordinary markup into stunning, richly-styled web pages.
You'll master the latest cutting-edge CSS3 features and learn how to:
* Stylize text with fully customizable outlines, drop shadows, and other effects
* Create, position, and resize background images on the fly
* Spice up static web pages with event-driven transitions and animations
* Apply 2D and 3D transformations to text and images
* Use linear and radial gradients to create smooth color transitions
* Tailor a website's appearance to smartphones and other devices
A companion website includes up-to-date browser compatibility charts and live CSS3 examples for you to explore.
The Web can be an ugly place—add a little style to it with The Book of CSS3.